Bronco Celebrates 55th Birthday with New Announcements
To celebrate the 55th birthday of the legendary Ford Bronco, five new adventure concepts showcasing the wide variety of factory-backed accessories were unveiled. Ford also announced the first Bronco Off-Roadeo location and its return to the Baja 1000 with the Bronco.
The first of the four planned Bronco Off-Roadeo locations will be in Austin, Texas, and is expected to open in summer of 2021. It will offer an off-road adventure playground for both beginners and experienced off-roaders.
The five Bronco and Bronco Sport adventure-inspired concepts showcase the more than 200 available accessories for the Bronco 2-door and 4-door, and more than 100 accessories for the Bronco Sport. The concepts include:
- Bronco Four-Door Outer Banks Fishing Guide – features the Bestop Sunrider first-row soft top, Yakima LockNLoad Platform roof rack, Ford Performance modular front bumper and safari bar, slide-out tailgate and custom-made fishing pole holder.
- Bronco Two-Door Trail Rig – for the ultimate trail rider, this Bronco features a Ford Performance modular front bumper, tube doors, beadlock-capable wheels, RIGID LED lightbar, WARN winch, recovery kit, recovery boards and Yakima Platform roof rack system.
- Bronco Sport Trail Rig – this compact 4×4 includes 31-inch BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain tires, a one-inch lift kit, RIGID LED off-road lights, Yakima LockNLoad Platform roof rack and Ford Performance recovery boards and jerry cans.
- Bronco Sport TOW RZR – built to tow off-road runners like the Polaris RZR XP Turbo, this SUV comes with Yakima HD Bar crossbars and OffGrid cargo basket, as well as a Class II Trailer Tow package with 2,200 pounds of capacity.
- Bronco Sport Off-Roadeo Adventure Patrol – built to assist at the new adventure playgrounds, this Bronco includes gear like a high-lift jack, recovery boards, jerry cans, RIGID LED lightbar, interior bike rack from Yakima and integrated target to land a drone.